CB3-431 - Light Bulb and Battery LED colors and meaning?

demetry14
demetry14 Member Posts: 2 New User

On the Chromebook 14 CB3-43

1. There is a light bulb led and it seems to have multiple colors, what does the that icon mean and what do the colors mean assigned to that led?

2. The Battery icon led seems to have multiple colors as well, what does each color mean for the battery icon led?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The lightbulb icon indicates the power status. Orange is powered on with AC power. The battery indicator:

Indicates the computer’s battery status.

1. Charging:The light shows amber when the batter is

charging.

1. Fully charged: The light shows blue when in AC

mode.

• demetry14
    demetry14 Member Posts: 2 New User

So they use two LED's to show charging/not charging as well as plugged in/not plugged in status, that sounds pretty rediculous.

Also, I have seen both Amber and Blue from both icons.

• AdMan
    AdMan Member Posts: 3 New User
    @Demetry14- The sad thing about this ridiculous-ness is that the ACER Customer Service Rep. literally quoted right out of the recently revised CB3-431's User Manual (Version January 2018, Page #10).  (Which includes even a typo, the word "battery" was 'mispelled' due to a dropped "y") So we get what we pay for... Mostly Plus the two screenshots included of the ACER CB3-431-wxyz User Manual. Hope this helps, ATLR Out! 
  • amiavalueduser
    amiavalueduser Member Posts: 4 New User
    Is there any further information on the LEDs as far as error codes? blinking color or blink rates in particular
  • Elfishb_
    Elfishb_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi! So I went out for a bit and returned to do some work on my Acer swift. I went to press the on button as per usual and it wouldn’t turn on, however the light bulb icon on the right side (which I have now learned shows the charge) is flashing…. Any thoughts?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Elfishb_ you should start a new thread with your issue (use the Ask a Question button). Be sure to include your full model number (CB3-431-xxxx or similar), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far. Typically a flashing battery status light points to a battery failure issue, but sometimes it's less impactful than that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.