CB3-111 display flickering/shimmering?

hc803
hc803 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I notice the display on my Chromebook sometimes has a shimmering or flickering issue, especially in dark backgrounds or dark colored areas.  Almost like the refresh rate is really low and I can see the display refreshing.  Is there any way to fix or correct this?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

What you describe sounds like a hardware issue that will require service to address. Please contact Acer support to inquire about repair from the contact info posted here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• hc803
    hc803 Member Posts: 4 New User

I bought this in October of 2015, so I'm out of warranty.  Considering the amount I'd have to pay for shipping, repair, and being without the Chromebook, I'll just live with it.  Funny how things like this always happen outside of warranty periods.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

If you can pin it down more you might figure out something cheap to test. Does it happen when plugged in? How about on the battery? Does it happen when you shift or touch the screen? Can you see it when everything is idle, maybe during a screensaver?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.