Acer Chromebook CB3-111-C670 wireless issues

ca2511
ca2511 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My chromebook (purchased 2015) has recently started having connectivity issues. It will say that it is connected to my home wifi network, and will work fine for a few minutes, but then I'll get webpage errors saying I'm not connected and videos I'm watching will stop loading. when I check the wifi signal at that point, the chromebook system still says everything is fine and it's connected.  I've ruled out an issue with the wifi, as other devices still work fine during these issues. Usually turning off and back on the wifi to the chromebook will work. Other times I'll restart it completely. 

I did a complete wipe of the computer, but it's still having issues. I'm not sure if it's just the wifi hardware going out or what. 

Anyone else experience this and known how to fix it?? I really have loved this little thing and it's gotten a lot of use, so maybe it's just at the end of it's life?

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Well as you are accepting it is possibly old, it may be worth opening up and taking a look.

The WiFi card may be accessible and replaceable, or just worked loose.

Really long shot  "It's an Intel 7260 NGW with dual-band, dual antenna, dual channel AC + Bluetooth capabilities" and if it is failing then the Bluetooth might be going also.  Does the bluetooth work?

• ca2511
    ca2511 Member Posts: 2 New User

I haven't had any problems with the blutooth, but I don't use that as often.