ACER chromebook C720 Got replacement (not ACER) charger, it seemed to fit but didn't work.

miacasale123
miacasale123 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Coming back from a year in Europe to the US, I put my chromebook (C720, model ZHN) in my suitcase. The chromebook made it and I was able to login but the charger and mouse did not. I bought as charger on-line, from a vendor not ACER. The replacement plug seems to fit, but the chromebook - which by then had probably used up its charge -, did not come on.

My son suggested that perhaps the problem is that only an ACER charger is compatible. Is that the case or is there some other issue?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

No, there are lots of clone chargers available. What is the voltage and amerage shown for the charger you received? Any that match the stock one, with the same plug, should work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • miacasale123
    miacasale123 Member Posts: 4 New User

Thanks very much. Unfortunately I don't have the original to compare. Wou;d you possibly know the voltage & amperage or where I could find it?