c720p bluetooth freezes

hemrickbe
hemrickbe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I'm having an issue with multiple c720p chromebooks. They are being used with bluetooth barcode scanners. The bluetooth normally disconnects them after a random period I'm guessing for some power saving that I can't disable which is infuriating to say the least. But sometimes when it disconnects the bluetooth service seems to freeze on the c720p as well as you cant reconnect to the scanner or even turn on/off the bluetooth radio.

Any insight or fixes would be very appreciated.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Google has a support article regarding bluetooth which lists some compatible devices, but I don't see bar code scanner listed as a type of compatible device. You may try contacting Google to see if they have any recommendations for using that scanner on ChromeOS.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/2587653?hl=en

• Traveller
    Traveller Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a very similar problem with my C740:

I have a keyboard and mouse.  There seems to be a very short power-down time, but the devices usually reconnect fairly quickly.  However, frequently, they do not reconnect.  When that happens, I find that the Bluetooth service and any related Settings are nowhere to be found.

A reboot has always recovered the service and all connections, but it is annoying.

I have observed this on v.52 and v.53 of ChromeOS.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1112153 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having a very similar issue with my Acer Chromebook R13.  It connects to a microsoft bluetooth mouse just fine, but once or twice a day the connection drops and does not re-connect.  When this happens, I can disable bluetooth via Chrome (currently v58), but I cannot re-enable it via settings.  When I try to do so, by checking the Enable Bluetooth check box in settings, it does nothing--it does not show the bluetooth settings window, and when I refresh the settings page the box that I had just previously checked is not checked).  Restarting the machine does work however--it allows me to re-enable Bluetooth functionality in settings--which restores the connection to the mouse.