Webcam quality on C720-2848

gta
gta Member Posts: 1 New User

The webcam quality is not very good for something marketed as having an "HD webcam".

It looks pretty grainy, almost like there is an "oil painting" kind of filter applied to it.

There is another user who is seeing the same issue, see here: http://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/1vhbpg/acer_c720_webcam_quality/

Are there any drivers or something that needs to be updated?  I just tried a Power Wash with no change.

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

The camera of the Chromebook C720 is a 1.0 MP HD webcam. In looking at the image posted on Reddit, it seems to be in line with what I would expect from a 1.0 MP webcam. If you feel your camera has an actual hardware problem, you can contact technical support in your region to inquire about repair.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

The camera of the Chromebook C720 is a 1.0 MP HD webcam. In looking at the image posted on Reddit, it seems to be in line with what I would expect from a 1.0 MP webcam. If you feel your camera has an actual hardware problem, you can contact technical support in your region to inquire about repair.

This discussion has been closed.