Start up for new chromebook

reet
reet Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi All, I am new here and have a problem. I have just bought a new Acer C720 Chromebook and I am having trouble getting started. I have selected my language, keyboard and network and then I am asked for a password. Whatever I put in it says 'Bad passphrase'. What does that mean and how do I correct it. It will not let me go any further. I am not very computer savvy so would be very grateful for any advice you can give.  

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hello reet,

From what it sounds like you're saying, you've selected a network and it's asking for that networks password is that correct?  If so, it means that the access point (router) that you're trying to connect to is secured and you need that password to establish an internet connection.

If I'm reading this to literally, make sure you create an account for Google services. You'll need it for your Chromebook. You can go to https://accounts.google.com to create an account on any computer.

• reet
    reet Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, thanks for reply. I realised I was trying to put a 2 in the password instead of an R!  Silly me. OK now. Thanks for help.  Will try to go into Google 

This discussion has been closed.