My Acer C710 is not perfect, but...

wavecepter56
wavecepter56 Member Posts: 9 New User

I've had my Acer C710-2856 since December 25, 2013. It was a Groupon purchase, so it's a refurbished unit.  It came without a power brick / charger and Groupon and Liquidity Services, Inc. never responded to my e mails, so I bought the cheapest replacement on ebay. The battery life wasn't very great, so I bought the biggest cheapest battery to fit my model on ebay. ( I really don't buy that much on ebay, and I don't work for them, it's just where I found what I needed.)

Finally, I bought a bluetooth mouse, (not on ebay) because the trackpad is good, but not the greatest. 

Now for the reason of this post. I have to write that my Acer C710-3856 is the most fun I've had with a computer in a long time. Chrome OS, continues to amaze me on what it can do. My Acer allows me to do 95% of what I use a computer for on a daily basis. I can see why it's being pushed in schools, based on simplicity and cost. It's light enought to carry, and I am "Old School" in that I like a keyboard to type on. No device is perfect and my Acer certainly isn't, I don't know how long it will last, but I'm not afraid of tearing into it to fix it if I have to.

That's it. Just wanted to write this on this forum and hope that you'll comment on what your thoughts are also. Forums many times tend to be so negative that you often wonder why the writer uses the product he / she is complaining about. I look for solutions and so far this forum has been filled with them.         

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I hope you continue to enjoy your chromebook for some time. I'm also private messaging you some information on Liquidity Services in case you'd still like to contact them.

• wavecepter56
    wavecepter56 Member Posts: 9 New User

Acer-Cory, thank you for private messageing me about my Acer C710. 

Discussion forums, such as this one, are only as good as the people who monitor them, so a big THANK YOU to you, Acer-Cory, along with Acer-Ryan, Acer Blayn, Acer-Tommy, and Acer-Brad, and any other Acer employee I have missed, who help the members of this forum in solving their Acer Chromebook ploblems!  

This discussion has been closed.