Misleading battery life indicator for Chromebook C720-2848

Options
sirzune
sirzune Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

As I write this, the battery life left indicates, that at 91% left, I have 10hrs and 10mins.  At other times I'd have, say, 46% with 3hrs and 30mins. Actually, the indicator is all over the place with incredulous results that make no mathematical sense.  I just got the Chromebook. And suggestions as to why this occurs?

Best Answer

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

The battery life indicator is to help gauge how much battery life you have left and is an estimate and not an exact figure. The percentage can change depending on what you are doing on the computer. If you are watching video and using wifi, your battery will drain faster than if you are just typing a text document while not online and streaming video. If you are getting more than 3 hours out of your battery, there probably isn't a problem with your computer.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

The battery life indicator is to help gauge how much battery life you have left and is an estimate and not an exact figure. The percentage can change depending on what you are doing on the computer. If you are watching video and using wifi, your battery will drain faster than if you are just typing a text document while not online and streaming video. If you are getting more than 3 hours out of your battery, there probably isn't a problem with your computer.

• sirzune
    sirzune Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm getting phenomenal battery life.

This discussion has been closed.