Is the Chromebook 13 series keyboard large enough?

Jersh
Jersh Member Posts: 6 New User

On many of the smaller laptops/netbooks/chromebooks (11.6in), the keyboards have seemed too cramped to type comfortably for extended periods of times.

I'm used to full sized keyboards like the ind on 15.6in laptops, so a big question for me as I'm considering buying a chromebook is whether or not the keyboard is going to be comfortable enough for me if I'm planning on writing essays, emailing, and programming.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

I compared the Chromebook 13 keyboard against several of our 15.6 inch notebooks, and find the size to be very comparable. The main difference seems to be the lack of a 10 key pad on the chromebook. The key size and spacing on the Chromebook 13 makes it easy and comfortable to type on. The chromebook keyboard does not feel cramped like some users describe on netbooks.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

I compared the Chromebook 13 keyboard against several of our 15.6 inch notebooks, and find the size to be very comparable. The main difference seems to be the lack of a 10 key pad on the chromebook. The key size and spacing on the Chromebook 13 makes it easy and comfortable to type on. The chromebook keyboard does not feel cramped like some users describe on netbooks.