Is it possible to disable bluetooth for guest user?

rbs_gb
rbs_gb Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I´m running 9 x C720 chromebooks offline, hooked up by WiFi to a local server feeding html pages with various content. The chromebooks use guest accounts, run ChromeOS and have nothing added to them, with no online access at all. I don´t want the users to be able to copy the offline content, and have blocked the sides of the chromebooks to prevent usb/media cards etc. The keyboard is also covered, so they just have access to the trackpad....... all sounds good so far. However, it is still possible for a user to go down to settings using the trackpad, enable bluetooth, and link to say their mobile phone, and copy the content across. Any suggestions? Is there a scrpt or something that I could run to disable bluetooth completely?

Appreciate any comments.

Cheers

Ray

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi rbs_gb,

I looked into the options available based on your request and confirmed with Google. Unfortunately, there is no way to keep a guest account from enabling bluetooth in the settings options on the Chrome OS if it is disabled.

As far as scripts or apps that might be able to do so, I'm not sure what is available, maybe someone else has some knowledge in this area.

Cory

• rbs_gb
    rbs_gb Member Posts: 2 New User

Appreciate the quick reply. As you´ve probably gathered, the chromebooks are being used like a "thin client" so it would have been good to configure things at the hardware end. Sounds like I´ll have to write the web pages to trap things like right clicks and stop the copying that way if possible. Cheers. Ray

This discussion has been closed.