Fix for disabled dock mode on C7?

athelene
athelene Member Posts: 3 New User

Will there ever be a fix for the dock mode being disabled on the C7? It's annoying and distracting to have to keep the Chromebook open when using an external monitor.  This problem came up ages ago and seems like it should be easy to solve.  

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

If you are updated to the most recent version of the Chrome OS you should be able to press a key on your external keyboard to wake the Chromebook from sleep and still have the lid closed while using the Chromebook.

If you still are not having any luck, I would suggest visiting Google's support groups for this issue. That is where I found another customer with the same issue and suggested the above as a fix.

• athelene

This does not work on the C7.  I found numerous posts in the Google Communities specifically citing a problem with the C7.  What you suggest works on other models, not this one.  My question is whether or not Acer plans a fix.  It's an Acer problem, not a Chrome OS problem as it works with other devices just fine.

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

What version OS are you currently running? Have you tried to power wash the system to see if it fixes it?

• athelene

I have powerwashed the device.  In fact, I just did so this morning and retried.  Same result.  My version info is:

Version - 34.0.1847.120

Platform - 5500.100.7

Firmware - Google_Parrot.2685.37.0

Athelene

This discussion has been closed.