Comment box in Youtube turns into a link and I cannot make comments. Help, please.

sirzune
sirzune Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

When I want to make a comment on Youtube about a video, I get a flash of a page that I can not make out and I still can't make a comment in the text box.  Each time click the comment box to write a comment, I get that flash of some type of that I can momentarily see is Google + page, but it doesn't stay up long enough to make out more than that. Has anyone experienced this?  The comment box to which I'd like to write a comment in appears to become a link-- my cursor turns into a hand (apparently telling me that the whole comment box is a link). Help, please! Acer Chromebook 720-2848.

Best Answer

• sirzune

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

It was a brower add-on that was the culprit. I don't remember the name of it  now, but when I removed it I was able to post to comments on Youtube successfully.

Answers

• Ninjacat
    Ninjacat Member Posts: 21 New User

Hello sirzune,

There might be something wrong with the Flash or Javascript installed in your internet browser.

Please do clean uninstall of your current internet browser and install it again as well.

Regards,

Dio I.

• sirzune

Tinkerer

I didn't make it clear that it is the Chromebook I'm using. Can't uninstall the browers...or could I? I don't have that problem on either of my desktops or my Android tablet.

• Ninjacat

Hello sirzune,

What is the internet browser name do you use?

You can uninstall it by going to "Control Panel" and click "Programs (Uninstall a program)"

You will see the list of programs installed in your Chromebook. Find your internet browser name that gives you that error and click on "Uninstall".

You can reinstall back your internet browser by downloading the installer via that internet browser website.

Regards,

Dio I.

• sirzune

Tinkerer

It is a Chromebook...there is only one browser... Chrome.  How can you uninstaller the browser and expect to get to the Store to download the browser again.  I'm not understanding this logic.  Can you explain?  I'd really appreciate being schooled on that, please.  Thanks.

• Ninjacat

Hello Sirzune,

If you are not running on Windows OS, try to open your Google Chrome and reset/clear your browsing data (browsing history/Cookies and other site and plug-in data/Cached images and files and others). It will make your Google Chrome back to its original settings.

Regards,

Dio.

• sirzune

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

It was a brower add-on that was the culprit. I don't remember the name of it  now, but when I removed it I was able to post to comments on Youtube successfully.

This discussion has been closed.