C720P-Can one hook up an external touch-screen and get touch on that screen, too?

jwanke
jwanke Member Posts: 1 New User

Looking at getting a 720P with touch-screen.  Would like to know if I can hook up an external touch screen and get the same touch capability on that screen as on the chromebook screen.

Answers

• Kyler
    Kyler Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

I don't think the chrome OS would have a driver to support touch on the second monitor. It should support a second monitor, but touch may or may not work. I don't have one to test with. Sorry.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I tried it with my C720P with one of our touch monitors, and it worked. I will say that the resolution for mirroring the display was limited to 1024 x 768. Please note that we haven't tested this functionality with all monitors, so we are unable to guarantee compatibility.

• uali
    uali Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

Acer-Blayn

Is the C720p screen & digitizer compatible with a C720 unit? Can the touch funcationality be added to the non-touch units?

Thanks.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Acer has not tested the C720 with the C720P screen and digitizer, so I can't guarantee it will work. Even if you are able to physically connect the hardware, you would still need to write the hardware ID for the system to recognize the hardware. Unfortunately, this tool is only available in manufacturing and repair and is not available for download.

This discussion has been closed.