C720P Bluetooth Issues

xprtmarksman
xprtmarksman Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a C720P that will not connect to bluetooth devices. I thought it was an issue with the other device at first (bluetooth speaker), but now I realize it must be the C720P itself because it will not connect to a completely different Bluetooth device (android phone).
The C720P picks up the devices fine, but when I connect to them the C720P only holds the connection for a second or two and then drops the connection. This happens with both the speaker and the cell phone.
Anyone know how I can fix this?
Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your bluetooth pairing. Chrome OS provides limitted support for bluetooth devices. At this time, phones are not currently supported. I am unsure why you are having problems pairing the speakers. It could be an incompatibility issue between the 2 devices. My recommendation would be to try a bluetooth mouse or keyboard or other supported device, to see if they will connect. I personally connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my chromebook, and it did not disconnnect. You can find a list of supported devices at the link below.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/2587653?hl=en

Answers

• xprtmarksman
    xprtmarksman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Apparently Acer is aware of the issue but doesn't have an answer given their silence.
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your bluetooth pairing. Chrome OS provides limitted support for bluetooth devices. At this time, phones are not currently supported. I am unsure why you are having problems pairing the speakers. It could be an incompatibility issue between the 2 devices. My recommendation would be to try a bluetooth mouse or keyboard or other supported device, to see if they will connect. I personally connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my chromebook, and it did not disconnnect. You can find a list of supported devices at the link below.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/2587653?hl=en

This discussion has been closed.