C720 mousepad button click

vdn20
vdn20 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I just got the C720 chromebook, and I was wondering if it was possible to make it so when I press the button on the mousepad, it acts like a mouse click?  I want to do things like highly multiple words and drag and drop, but I can't figure it out.  Right now, when I click it, sometimes it works as a regular left button on a mouse, but most of the time it doesn't.  Thanks

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi..Smiley Happy

Press down anywhere on the Touchpad with one finger to perform the samefunction as the left button on a mouse.
    Press down anywhere on the Touchpadwith two fingers to perform the same function as the right button on a mouse.
    If you need to execute a function  you need to tap twice (at the same speed as double-clicking a mouse button).
    To select press down on the touchpad using one finger
    The to Drag Tap twice (at the same speed as double-clicking a mouse button); restyour finger on the Touchpad on the second tap and drag the cursor.
    And to Access context menu press down on the touchpad using two fingers. Smiley Happy

Answers

• Sharanji

hi....

The built-in touchpad is a pointing device that senses movement on its surface. This means the cursor responds as you move your fingers across the surface of the touchpad.
    To Click  Press down on any part of the touchpad.
    To Scroll  Place two fingers on the touchpad and move them up and down to scroll vertically, left and right to scroll horizontally.
    To Right-click  Press the touchpad with two fingertips.
    To Drag and drop 
    To Click the item you want to move with one finger. With a second finger, move the item. Release both fingers to drop the item.

• vdn20

Thanks, but when you say press down, do you mean just take the touchpad, or press down and hear a click.  Does the click have a purpose?  Also, I can't seem to get the drag and drop to work, it just scrolls or does nothing when I try to rearrange the tabs.  Also, how so I highlight multiple words in a paragraph?  I know if I double click, it highlights the word, triple click will be the paragraph, but not for certain words in a paragraph.

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓

Hi..Smiley Happy

Press down anywhere on the Touchpad with one finger to perform the samefunction as the left button on a mouse.
    Press down anywhere on the Touchpadwith two fingers to perform the same function as the right button on a mouse.
    If you need to execute a function  you need to tap twice (at the same speed as double-clicking a mouse button).
    To select press down on the touchpad using one finger
    The to Drag Tap twice (at the same speed as double-clicking a mouse button); restyour finger on the Touchpad on the second tap and drag the cursor.
    And to Access context menu press down on the touchpad using two fingers. Smiley Happy
  • vdn20

I've been trying that with the tabs to rearrange them, but it doesn't seem to work.  I double-tap the the mousepad, and on the second tap, I did not lift my finger, but it doesn't move.  Could it be defective?

On second thought, I don't think it could be defective since when I double-click a word, it highlights it.

• vdn20

Ok, I think I got it, it's just not reliable sometimes I do it.  Thanks for the help

This discussion has been closed.