C720 Chromebook touchpad stopped working...

Kat
Kat Member Posts: 3 New User
and I'm wondering if I accidentally turned it off. It stopped working while I had it open - it worked one minute, stopped the next. I've shutdown the chromebook a few times, even let the battery go down, but the touchpad still doesn't work. The manual didn't have any info on turning it on/off.

Answers

• mockingbird
    mockingbird Member Posts: 4 New User

i'am in the same boat.my chrome book touchpad quick working.

• mockingbird
    mockingbird Member Posts: 4 New User

got a coreless mouse. now chromebook work like new.

• Kat

@mockingbird - sorry to hear you are having the same touchpad issue.  thanks for the suggestion.  In the meantime, I'm going to contact Acer Support to see if they have a solution.

• Kat

The first support Agent suggested re-installing the Chrome OS.  I did that and the touchpad still remained unresponsive.  I contacted support again, and they said that re-installing the OS would have fixed any software issues.  Since this is now considered a hardware issue, I have to send it in for repair, for which they are covering the cost.  Will provide an update when I get back my Chromebook!

• tmshih
    tmshih Member Posts: 1 New User

I ran into a similar problem with the touchpad on my C720P. The touchpad would stop working during use and would not restore function after powering down and restarting. The touchscreen still worked, but running powerwash, and deleting extensions did nothing. Sometimes after powering off for a long period the touchpad function would return, but would quit again after extended use. This went on for a week.

Finally, I tried reinstalling Chrome OS from a usb drive following these instructions: 

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27645/~/reinstall-chromebook-with-a-usb-flash-drive

When I used "Esc, Refresh, Power" on the keyboard I got a screen saying Chrome OS was damaged or corrupted. This message never occurred when just powering up beforehand.

I went on the reintall Chrome OS from a USB drive. Since then I've run my chromebook for three days without any touchpad problems.

This discussion has been closed.