C720 ChromeOS: double tap (right-click) never works

onsmike
onsmike Member Posts: 2 New User

hi all,

A friend and I both just bought Acer C720 from bestbuy and I must say that I am happy with the purchase.  One minor bug that really annoys me is that, double tap (i.e. right-slick: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1047367?hl=en) never works on my C720, while it works on my friend's.

Alt-click works on the other hand.

I am at work now so I can't check what version of chromeos it has, but from what I recall, it was updated to the latest version.

any idea why this is happening and how I may resolve it?

any help is very much appreciated,

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

onsmike,

The link you provided also shows how to change the touchpad settings. Have you tried checking and making sure your touchpad settings reflect your friends? If the settings match and you still are unable to press with two fingers and get the right-click action, then there may be an issue with the rocker on your touchpad or not aligned. This would require service to repair and I would recommend contacting technical support in your region.

• onsmike
    onsmike Member Posts: 2 New User

thank you for the reply.

I think it is a hardware problem.  The double-tap never worked every since I got it, and I've re-installed the chromeos twice already.

just as of now, the entire mouse pad suddenly stopped working.  it behaves as if some key is stucked.  moving the mouse, if there is any response at all, would minimize any active application or what not.

I've filed an RMA.

This discussion has been closed.