Acer Chromebook C710 at start up states that OS is missing or damaged

Uncle_Michael
Uncle_Michael Member Posts: 1 New User

I've tried the restore using 3 different USB drives, different brands, different sizes, all over 4 GB, along with an SD Card reader USB drive, and I've tried to use even a 16GB SD card in the slot.  Along with this problem, the main screen will not stay on a single language, it's cycling between English, German, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, and MANY others.  I know I saw a photo with a reset to use a paperclip or a toothpick but I can't seem to locate the recessed hole to press this.  This Acer belongs to my 14 year old nephew, he's not had it for a year even.  It's been sitting in t's box for the last 5 months till I could get around to trying to figure out what to do with it and had spare time.  Having read the ways to fix this problem, it sounds simple.  But so far, nothing has worked., Is there anything else I can try?  Can I connect it via USB cable to my Windows 8.1 laptop to repair it that way, or can I connect it directly to a network cable, will that allow it to update or something?  I've only ever used Windows machines or Android deviced.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

The only other suggestion I have is to remove the hard drive and try reseating it. If the HDD is not making a good connection, it can display this error. If that does not resolve your issue, I suggest you contact technical support in your region to inquire about repair options.

This discussion has been closed.