ACER C720-2848 fully charges within 30 minutes????? Is something going on, here? Help, please.

sirzune
sirzune Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I wouldn't think that anyone would complain about their Chromebook charging too quickly, but this just isn't normal behavior.  It last many hours, as it did when I received it over 6 months ago, but it took much longer to charge then.  I noticed that for over a month now it took about half an hour to charge to capacity.

Is this happening to anyone else?  I only use the charger that came with this unit.  I'd appreciate and input.  Thanks.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Sirzune,

Definately not the type of feedback we get...normally it's the other way Smiley Happy

Is it possible that there is a change in behavior such as when it was new, using it while it charged? This would take longer than turning it off, charging it and coming back 30 minutes later. The system doesn't lose the potential energy of when you're using the device now.

I wouldn't be to concerned with it, as any of the failsafes that a battery has in place to make sure it doesn't do anything other that simply fail should still all be in place.

Hope this helps,
    Cory