I have an Acer Aspire XC-603G-UW31 HDMI sound problem

Options
Taweekly
Taweekly Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire XC-603G-UW31.  The only way I can get HDMI sound when connected to TV is with the Microsoft default drivers. Windows displys Graphic cardas Intel Graphic HD.

Display Adapter = Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Sound, video andgame controllers= High Definition Audio Device / Realtek High Definition Audio

Ihave been trying every fix I can find on the internet, Can not find one that works.  Even several differant drivers. 

When I instal any Intel Driver or any driver from the acer site.  I loose the option for Digital Audio (HDMI) in playback Devices.

Does any one have a fix for this.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Taweekly
    Answer ✓
    Options

Today I updated the Bios and it fixed the problem.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I recommend trying to install the correct audio driver using Recovery management. This will load the driver that originally shipped with the computer. You can use the instructions on http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26947 to just restore the driver without losing data or restoring the OS. Once you have installed the driver, I suggest shutting down your system completely, connecting the HDMI, then powering the system on to see if you get sound. I hope this is helpful. If it does not work, please let me know and we can try other troubleshooting.

• Taweekly
    Answer ✓
    Options

Today I updated the Bios and it fixed the problem.