Aspire M3970. WIndows 10 Upgrade

Options
ckrvarma
ckrvarma Member Posts: 4 New User

I have Aspire M3970.  I updated my OS to windows 10 and now none of my USB is working.  It keeps making that error SOUND and displays the error text in the bottom " The last USB Device you connected to his computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it " i have tried updating the drive and also tried uninstalling it. But no use. 

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options
    Not sure seeing I don't have that model but one question is it on the supported list for Windows 10 I don't see it? Also looking at bios and driver section looks like there is some bios updates, have you updated your bios? Not sure that will fix the problem.

To bad there wasn't a section that would say why xyz model didn't make the Windows 10 support list. That would be a lot of work. Maybe if yours isn't 10 supported that ids the cause. Then a simple updated pcie usb card could complete a person need.

James.
  • ckrvarma
    Options

Thank you James.   where do you see the BIOS updates? I have not seen anything .. and i checked the acer support page for the Aspire M3970 model and did not find any update for Windows 10. IF you have any link could u please share it. 

• RevoMaxx
    Options
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/3673;-;Aspire%20M3970

This link for your drivers and what not. Sorry on my phone and would let me do more then one link at a time. Hope this helps

James
  • ckrvarma
    Options

James, that link i saw. but thats for Windows 8 64bits... not for windows 10

• RevoMaxx
    Options
    Then with out the 10 update supported list not having your system or drivers list for 10 maybe the reason your system wasn't on the list because of the issues your having. I don't know. Bios list is there guess not for 10 but maybe update to your bios? Another thing is maybe if you have an empty slot try a sub card if that is the only thing not working for you in Windows 10?

Sorry I want able to be better help. I don't work for Acer or any other hardware or software company. The information I provide is for information only.

James
  • joeoil
    joeoil Member Posts: 51 New User
    Options

I find it strange if your computer M3970 is not supported by Windows 10.

My computer Acer Aspire M3920, which is older, is not on the list eighter, but I run Windows 10 without any serious trouble. I think there must be some driver/bios issue or any other hardware problem causing this usb trouble. 

Here's a link which you can try to solve your problem:

https://www.wiknix.com/usb-device-not-recognized/

• ckrvarma
    Options

I tried the youtube link... it solved for a minute or so.. but came back...  Smiley Sad