which files of BIOS to install onto Acer Aspire M3450-ER20P??

Options
jpmackay
jpmackay Member Posts: 13 New User

I had no problem to download the BIOS files(BIOS_Acer_P01.A4_A_A.zip)  from the site of Acer but when I unzip the files and see different names of BIOS to install? I don't know which one is the right one to install BIOS? Here are below:

AFUDOS.exe

Flash.bat

_checksum.exe

afuwin.exe

WFLASH32.BAT

afuwin64.exe

WFlash64.Bat

Anyway my desktop is 64X with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Premium. I will wait to hear which file is the right one to install the update BIOS? As I need for the graphic card.

John

Answers

• jpmackay
    Options

Bump

Can anyone here in this forum help me about installing which file of BIOS?

Thank you

• jpmackay
    Options

Guess that I better not touch the update BIOS as no one here want to help me with this.

Thank you,

John

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

John,

It's not that nobody wants to help you.  But there's readme.doc (Microsoft Word file) that you need to open and read it and follow the instructions.  I just think you need to ask a friend that is tech savvy to help you.  They will be able to open the Word document and read and follow the instructions which include DOS commands from an admin command prompt.

I'd hate to see you brick your computer, so I think it's best you ask a geek friend, relative or coworker.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jpmackay
    Options

Thank you to you for reply to my message and decided that I will NOT touch anything with updraing the BIOS on my desktop. Just to leave as is now and don't want to mess up with this stuff.

John