Options
beardog
beardog Member Posts: 1 New User

what do i have to do to make my aspire xc-603g wireless

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

buy an USB wifi donlge, plug it in an USB port, install drivers and connect to your wifi router:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+wifi+dongle

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Hello, I have a 603 that didn't come with WIfi and added this card in the Mini Slot of the MB. Then there are 2 small Wires that goes to the back slot that you connect to the Ant. There are 2. In some newer units they have a wire that goes to the front and one to the back. But for the 603 there would be a Half Height Plate where you connect the Ant Mast and that is it. Mine also works with Bluetooth and is great for speakers and the such...

Here is a Picture of it in the Slot before I connected the wires...

James

EDIT Sorry forgot to Cross out somethings....in the Picture it is Reposted now.... 

Wifi.jpg

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Here is the Part Number for the Card. Also not on the computer were the installed picture was so I have added that picture here after I found it. You will see in small red line around the Wireless card and the wires that are leading to the back plate. This didn't have Wifi to start with..

DA.10211.00X  "WLAN AR5B22 2T2R COMBOMPCIE LP EXTERNAL" 

It is nice card and nothing special needs to be done. When I installed it the Drivers were installed without me having to do anything.. Well besides having to put in the Password for my Wifi connection and set up my speakers for Bluetooth. But that is normal Smiley Happy 

James

6032wifinstalled.jpg

• eldrin
    eldrin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi James / RevoMaxx

I too would like to add wifi + bluetooth to my Acer Aspire XC-603 desktop PC.

It sounds like part number DA.10211.00X would be ideal, but this item seems to be very hard to find. Do you know where it can be purchased online? I'm in the UK.

Alternatively, if DA.10211.00X is impossible to buy anymore, or if it is quite expensive relative to the computer (I have a very low-end, cheap version of the XC-603) is there anything else available that has the full kit necessary -- low profile bracket + external antennas?

Thanks for any help you can provide.