updating to win 10 from 7 aspirre7600u ? updating from 8.1 to win10 aspire 7600u need Drivers?

Options
jacques3
jacques3 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have been told that new drivers are not available from acer to update from 8.1 to win 10 with aspire 7600u???

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would stay away from Windows 10 at this time especially if drivers are not available for your laptop.

If you agree, set your Windows Update to not download and install updates or you might turn on your laptop and find Windows 10 installed.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would stay away from Windows 10 at this time especially if drivers are not available for your laptop.

If you agree, set your Windows Update to not download and install updates or you might turn on your laptop and find Windows 10 installed.

• philetus
    Options

Now go to Control Panel/View Installed Updates and in the dearch box type KB3038853.

If showed double click it and uninstall.

Watch for it in Windows Update and when it shows up again, hide it.

• Engineer
    Engineer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have upgraded my ACER Aspire 7600U AIO to Windows 10. I discovered that the NVIVIA driver was not compatible and uninstalled it. The computer now runs fine but I would really like to have a compatible driver for my GEFORCE video controller. Where would I find a Win 10 driver if/when it is available? I looked on the NVIDIA site but it wasn't clear if the driver would work. On the ACER site, there is still no Win 10 choice shown to locate drivers.