trying to access Bluetooth on aspire 7551-2633 ,is it available and how do I access it

Options
chilly
chilly Member Posts: 4 New User

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check Device Mgr for Bluetooth and/or Bluetooth network devices. Do you have any listed? Are there any warnings or errors listed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check Device Mgr for Bluetooth and/or Bluetooth network devices. Do you have any listed? Are there any warnings or errors listed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• chilly
    Options

none showing

• JackE
    Options

If device mgr doesn't show any issues, your machine probably doesn't have a bluetooth hardware adapter installed or one that's hardwired to the mainboard. To double check, run "msinfo32.exe". Try to find "bluetooth" to see if the adapter is available or not.

If the hardware isn't available, small USB port bluetooth adapters cost less than $10 on Amazon or Ebay. They're similar to a small wireless mouse USB port dongle.  However, the newer ones reportedly have connectivity issues on some Windows machines. It may be worth trying one out on your machine.

Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

• chilly
    Options

ok ill try that so i should be able to pair wireless speaker also should i ????

• JackE
    Options

You should. But doesn't necessarily mean you will.

Microsoft allegedly has a hotfix for those Win7 machines that refuse to pair even though the USB dongle drivers seem to install OK. Furthermore, the dongle can hang Control Panel's search function for the dongle itself. If your machine shows these symptoms, the hotfix can be acquired by googling the terms "Microsoft knowledge base" "980396".  By following the directions therein, Microsoft will email you a link to download the hotfix. AFAIK, this hotfix still has not been thoroughly tested on all flavors of Win7 and machine hardware. So there's still no guarantee it's gonna work as advertised.

Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ