the microphone does not work new drivers do not work

Options
veteranschoolbo
veteranschoolbo Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

aspire notebook 7741z the micro phone quit working, when opening the speaker on the task bar by right clicking and clicking to microphone and going to levels the micro phone is muted, when clicing the mute off the microphone works for a few seconds, and then it mutes itself . I have put new drivers in twice  the mute just goes back on. Help, I have a Sades head set with a microphone, it does not work either. Help, please

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Go to Recording Devices(right click speaker icon), select Communications tab, enable the "Do nothing" radio button.

Check whether it solves the problem, if not do the following:

Go to Playback tab, highlight speakers and select Properties, in Advanced tab, untick "Allow apps to take exclusive control of this device". HTH.

Capture.JPGCapture3.JPG

• rvgammill
    rvgammill Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

You may also have to verify the currrent hardware device. Double click or right click Audio Icon and make sure the devices shown in the Audio Dialog tabs (shown in first reply) that are "On" are the headset for Speakers and Microphone. Even simpler, unplug, then plug it back in to refresh the current Audio device. I have a number of USB and Bluetooth audio devices which can cause confusion, say by shutting down in one and starting in another. 

• tjwags
    tjwags Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem on my Aspire V touch (V3-572P-51BA) and completed the recommendatations above. My system now has Windows 10. I can enable my microphone but in less than 30 seconds it turns itself off or mutes. I reinstalled the Realtek driver but still no luck. Are there any more recommendations?

I am about to give up on this laptop as it also has other issues....