the cd tray door will not open on the axc 605 er30 desktop

Options
jfmac
jfmac Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

From the day after the waranty expired this unit has been a mess. my latest problem is the CD tray door will not respond to the switch. There is nothong in the tray and all the settings on media player are set. Really need some help here. Thanks

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Have you tried to Right Click on CD Drive under This PC & select Eject,.
  • jfmac
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me.  The only time there is an indication that I have a cd player is when there is a disk being used. I'm a win 7 kind of guy and this win8 is a mess if I wanted all those APPs I would have a phone. I have no indication where THIS PC can be found.

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

On your desktop, Left Bottom, You'll find a Folder Icon, or use Win+E
  • jfmac
    Options

All it said on this Win+e was 1 acer hdd and gave the info on the drive.

• Spartan1
    Spartan1 Member Posts: 36

Tinkerer

Options

It's possible the DVD motor/electronics is stuck or kaput.  Not sure if your DVD drive is the same as mine but just above and slightly to the left of the eject button on the front of the drive is a small round hole about 1.5mm diameter.  With the computer switched off, try carefully poking in something like a straightened paperclip. You shouldn't have to poke it in very far before it engages with the tray mechanism  -  now gently push it in further, and the tray should start to slide out.  Pull the tray out all the way.  Now turn the computer on  -  if the DVD mechanism is ok, it ought to automatically retract the tray back into the casing.