random lockups on Aspire XC AXC-603G-UW13

Options
biggin101
biggin101 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Brand new out of the box Walmart

Aspire XC AXC-603G-UW13 unit,less than 30 hours old.

Random lockups and reboots for no apparent reason.

I did notice this especially during/after Windows updates are performed.

Nothing other than Firefox has been installed so far.

I did delete most of the "junk" that comes pre-installed though.

Should i just take it back?

Best Answer

• biggin101
    Answer ✓
    Options

Never found the problem,returned it for another,It did the same thing.Then one more return and I got one that works...

First and last ACER product for me,Sorry...

Answers

• ZundapMan
    ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

It depends on how computer saavy you are and the age of the "software load" on the computer.  Many people do not take enough time recycling and running Windows Update and then recognize reboots that are being forced in the background or network errors caused by starting and stopping your computer as "lock ups" or problems.  Look at the log of updates and check to see that they all got installed and that there are no more quued up to be installed before you can be sure that your computer system is stable.

• biggin101
    Options

Its a brand new PC should not be doing this.I understand its a Budget PC and all but come on.

• biggin101
    Options

So jut turned the pc on again and let it boot,got to Windows and had to go to let my dogs out.PC just Idling and came back to find a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"  BSOD, and it looks like this could be a ton of things causing this...

I am sure there is an error report somewhere,how do I find this and go about fixing this?

biggin....

• biggin101
    Options

So I did a complete system restore (Factory Reset) got all done with setup,opened Windows update and Bamn BSOD.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Can be a lot of things, since it's under warranty, contact your seller or Acer support service.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • biggin101
    Answer ✓
    Options

Never found the problem,returned it for another,It did the same thing.Then one more return and I got one that works...

First and last ACER product for me,Sorry...