i have a Aspire R3-131T V1.06running w8.1 i am wondering if its possible to downgrade this too w7

Options
ArferDaley
ArferDaley Member Posts: 15 New User

as above i have a new Aspire R3-131T V1.06 1 wk old i dont really like w8 was wondering if anyone had downgraded to w7  i would normally go ahead and just do it but worried about the amount of drivers req  thinking w7 might not pick them all up i have upgraded the memory from 2gb to 8gb runs alot smoother to be honest

i woukd of course make an image just incase it all went  sideways any input would be most welcome

windows  10 is not an option as i dont think this little note book is really man enough to run it properly thats just my view i do run w10 on the insider program not bad but not all that impressed

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well I know that some systems are made to run what they started with... I am not saying that yours won't run 7. I will say that there isn't any drivers listed for that unit to run 7...

I have a system that is OLD and very out dated that is running 10 one even runs it with only 1 gb of ram. Sure not as fast or as good as my Desktops... But They are from 09 and 2010... Once the Updates run the machines surf and email and do what I want them to do... Use them on the go Smiley Happy 

Anyway For me I think the Good release of 10 is like the Best of Both worlds 7 and 8 all into one.... All my systems are on 10 besides one that is to to old for 10..

Even looking at the Bios updates for your machine all points to 8.1 and 10 64bit

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well I know that some systems are made to run what they started with... I am not saying that yours won't run 7. I will say that there isn't any drivers listed for that unit to run 7...

I have a system that is OLD and very out dated that is running 10 one even runs it with only 1 gb of ram. Sure not as fast or as good as my Desktops... But They are from 09 and 2010... Once the Updates run the machines surf and email and do what I want them to do... Use them on the go Smiley Happy 

Anyway For me I think the Good release of 10 is like the Best of Both worlds 7 and 8 all into one.... All my systems are on 10 besides one that is to to old for 10..

Even looking at the Bios updates for your machine all points to 8.1 and 10 64bit

James

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I agree with RevoMaxx.  It will run better on windows 8.1 or windows 10.

Honestly, I think you should have went with the SSD upgrade.  The R3-131T was never meant to be a powerhouse.....but you'll notice substantial performance improvement with a SSD.

I've been using the Crucial BX100 250 GB.  Works great.  I have installed 4 of them on various computers.

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-BX100-250GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B00RQA6TEI

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ArferDaley
    ArferDaley Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

thanks for all your comments  i knew when i purchased what i was geting  i dont much like windows 10 for me it takes away more than it gives me so no advantage but i have too agree its a good system for them that want it i might stick one of them their ssd drives in didn''t realise the were so cheap now i only use this to surf net emails etc

and just a nice size for my hospital trips i am  addicted too Command & Conquer The First Decade it runs just fine

anyway guys thanks again for your input

Arfer

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Love C&C as well. I don't play it as much as I used to these days. Any time help is needed there is always someone that is willing...

Happy Computing

James