i changed my os on my aspire m3420

Options
stevydig
stevydig Member Posts: 3 New User

i changed it from win8 to windows 7 platinum and now my usb 3.0 ports don't work. i have tried downloading all the drivers that are available on acer.com but none of them seem to want to recognize the ports. also i can't seem to find my motherboard on acer site wich is AAHD3-VC , any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

try to install this drivers, 100% trustable website:

AMD USB 3.0 drivers

double click on the x86 or x64 bat file, it depends on your installed OS version.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

• stevydig
    Options

AMDUSB30\ROOT_HUB30&VID_1022&PID_7812&REV_0003&SID_070B1025 thanks for the reply ironfinder is this what you needed me to do?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

try to install this drivers, 100% trustable website:

AMD USB 3.0 drivers

double click on the x86 or x64 bat file, it depends on your installed OS version.

• stevydig
    Options

thank you for you help ironfly much appreciated Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

you welcome. Smiley Happy