how to manually open cd drive on Aspire AX 1200

Options
noore
noore Member Posts: 2 New User

I am trying to open the cd drive on the computer without power, but the tiny hole is not visible.  There is a door over the drive which is supposed to open for the cd to slide out, and this appears to be covering the hole, but I don't know how to remove it.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

There is a couple of things you could do if you need to open the Drive. 

One if you have a computer that has a SATA Power connecter you could get power from another system.... however that is a lot of work and would need a long POWER cord.. 

Then 2 things that I would try and do if I didn't have the Back up PSU. One is carefully open the door that the drive is in and see if you can see the small hole. If you can see the HOLE you can carefully put a Open paper clip in there and eject the drive. 

However if you can not see the hole or enough of the hole to get a Paper clip in. Part of the first Idea would need to take off the side of the computer. Then for this step with the side of the computer off the front of the computer is held on by I think 2 clips on most of mine there are 3. However you just lift the Plastic clips off the metal cage and the front face comes off. Then you have total access to your DVD/CD Drive. Paper Clip and eject drive...

Hope this helps some... 

James

EDIT: This is a Picture with your Side panel off. After you take out 2 screws off the back of the computer side panel and slide it off your computer it will then show the inside like this picture. I took with Red to show you the clips you can lift a little to remove the Front panel from the computer.... To gain access to the Drives.

x1200inside6.jpg

• noore
    noore Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your reply.  I opened the side and saw the 2 clips to remove the front. So the little hole is now visible and I can get the drive open. 

Thanks again.