hello sir i have acer xc600 desktop it is not working 4 short beeps and no display

Options
dodi
dodi Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello guys 

i have acer cx600 desktop 2 weeks ago i tried to turn it on but no sign of light or any thing i checked every thing power supply rams hdd then i replaced the motherboard i connect evey thing and tried to turn it on pc power up and 4 short beeps but no display i searched on internet problem related to 4 short beeps but i cannot find it i replaced the rams disconnected the hdd and dvd rom tried every thing but 4 beeps presist but i have noticed the processor behaviour even with out cooling fan processor remain cool after 5 to 10 minutes it get hot but not hot enough i can still touch it with my bare hands 

please help me out here do you think it is the processor faliure or somethig else but motherboard is new 

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Your desktop has AMI bios:

Spoiler
    4 short beepsSystem timer failureThe system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory

I would try:

1. Start up with only one memory module in the first dimm slot
    2. Clean the dimm slots with an air duster spray
    France
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

as Laurent_14 has stated above, But then I thought I would get a little more info! I have a few of the XC600 computers. and I am wondering if the issue that you are saying started with the First MB or after you bought the now NEW MB?

Plus you have stated that you tried with everything off, Different Ram? In different Slots?

Then the only thing that is un clear is did you get a new CPU with the NEW MB.. or you using the same CPU from the old MB? Also did you check that the MB is the same Part # as your old one? There are a few different Part Numbers.. Then there is also the fact that some of the XC600 are Sandy Bridge and some are IVY Bridge. What version of computer do you have? Like one of mine is a Aspire XC600-UR34. (Ivy Bridge) i3,

If the issue was with the OLD MB and now with the NEW MB it does sadly sound like a CPU issue. I would make sure that the CPU is seated right and try again... I would try it with just the CPU on the Board and Ram. Then try adding things to your system if everything was working... 

James

• dodi
    dodi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there

no i did not get new cpu with new motherboard and yes my system is also (Ivy bridge) i3 and the motherboard i have the new one its a same as old one exately the same one the rams are working fine i checked it in different system and PSU is also working but i cannot understand the problem beside today i checked the cpu in differnt system and its working fine thats is really weired  if i put back the cpu in the acer motherboard same problem 4 beeps and old mother doest not ever turn on 

and thats for reply 

dodi

• RevoMaxx
    Options
    There can be issues with the new MB did you buy it from Acer or a Acer supported company? Sadly not everything that is said to work really always working. I seen one the other day person said was pulled from a working computer and the mb was sitting on the carpet in the picture. I wouldn't buy it. Not worth the risk.

Maybe the person you bought it from will replace it for you. Sounds like you tried all that could be done.

Also to make sure the first 10 numbers on the MB are the same for both your old and new MB?

James
  • RevoMaxx
    Options

I was thinking and I am sure you have, But I thought I would mention, Did you make sure that you connected the MB power cable and the CPU cable to the MB I know it seems like it wouldn't be an issue but I would say maybe remove the main board cable and CPU cable and make sure thay are in right...

It is hard to say what is worng with another computer that isn't in front of me...

4 short Beep codes are for system timer failer... Maybe your Ram isn't seated right, I would try to do a few things, Un plug everything from the computer, make sure there isn't anything other then the Monitor for the test...

Remove the connection for your HDD and DVD drives, make sure there isn't anything other then your Keybaord and monitor connected. Turn on your computer! See if it will post to BIOS, If it don't then remove one of the ram sticks.. Try and post it again. 

Caution REMEMBER while working with your computer there is a Chance of ESD, ElectroStatic Discharge that can make computers go bad.... Always turn off the computer, unplug your system from the wall and Monitor. Remove Ram and then connect Monitor, and Power cable back on... Try and turn on again. See if it will post or change any error codes... 

If your system came with 2 ram sticks. It could be that one of them has been damaged by ESD. Also could be that both are bad... if you were able to test the CPU in another computer. I would also say that I would try a new ram stick in the computer with the 4 beeps to be safe from all issues Ram related.... 

The MB with first 10 of DBSKQCN004 for all my XC600 computers. I would make sure that both of yours are the same... 

I am not saying this will help... But a place to try as well... First Seeing the CPU came form a different MB maybe try and clear the CMOS, Remove the battery without the power cord connected press the power button on the computer... Also I for the sake of doing it. I take the CMOS jumper and move it to 2-3 from 1-2. leave it sit for a few minutes, Then put jumper back to 1-2 and put the battery back in the MB... 

I spent a few hours trying to get my computer to give a 4 beep without damage, I wasn't able to myself on either of the UR12's or the UR34's I even took the CPU's from the 12 and put them in the 34 without any issues. 

IF you do the CMOS clearing and you are able to get the computer running I would press Del, the when CMOS comes up press F9 to load default and then F10 to save and exit.... 

James