had to do a W10 reset, lost all OEM software

Options
gcr
gcr Member Posts: 3 New User

Reset that resulted in lose of all OEM software that came with the laptop, wondering if there is somewhere that the software/programs can be recovered.  Aspire E 17  ES-771g-52PR

Lost all Cyberlink software, as well as all Acer supplied utilities.

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know you're not wanting to return to Windows 8.1 - the information I provided is only for Applications (ie the OEM software) & drivers (that may be missing after the upgrade)!

The AppDrv disk is your own back up of these apps that you may have made when you bought your PC.

The eRecovery media will contain your Full OS (ie Windows 8.1).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Answers

• finlux
    Options

Hi gcr

Go to Acer's support for your region here, click on "Drivers & manuals" and enter your PC's details. When your model is displayed, select the required software from the tabs, "Driver" & "Application" for example.

Download (& save) the programs you want, then reinstall them.

Alternativelty, if you made an "AppDrv" disk when you first bought your PC, they'll be on there!

• gcr
    gcr Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I'm not wanting to return to 8.1, only re-load some of the software that came with the laptop.  Can I do that from what they are calling 'erecovery' media?  Reading the description it looks more like a full return to original setting.

Thanks for replying

• finlux
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know you're not wanting to return to Windows 8.1 - the information I provided is only for Applications (ie the OEM software) & drivers (that may be missing after the upgrade)!

The AppDrv disk is your own back up of these apps that you may have made when you bought your PC.

The eRecovery media will contain your Full OS (ie Windows 8.1).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy