desktop XC-605 need audio device driver.

Options
ammaretto
ammaretto Member Posts: 3 New User

Smiley Mad

i hope someone can help with this.  i have a yellow triangle beside "bluetooth audio device"  in device manager it says  This device cannot start code 10)

object path component was not a directory object.

WTH?

i downloaded the current driver from acer & it didnt help.

the only reason i noticed this was b/c im trying to install new software for a bluray writer & its not working.  i get this message.    "1628 failed to complete installation"

any advice on where to look?  

thanks in advance

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

sorry posted to the wrong message.

• philetus
    Options

I had a reply last night and my mind said "Wait, he needs an audio device driver not bluetooth, go to bed".

Did the "new software for a bluray writer" leave any files on the computer or totally fail to install?

Go to Device Manager (Windows key+x) and double click on bluetooth and bluetooth driver. Select uninstall and delete software and reboot.See what that does.

• ammaretto
    Options

the writer came with 2 cds, one is PlexUtilities (which is still on the PC)  & the other is BD Suite, which i cant find, so it must not have installed.  I never got to the point where i could enter my serial code.

im a wee bit afraid to uninstall Bluetooth audio device.  what if i cant get it back?    

;-(

• philetus
    Options

Are you using Windows 8.1 or did you upgrade to Windows 10?

• ammaretto
    Options

windows 8.1