computer start but wont beep

carlos8
carlos8 Member Posts: 37

Tinkerer

Hi, My Aspire X1470-UR30P turn ON but wont beep or boot. The fan spin and the power button works, i removed 3 rams and the same if remove all of them start with long beep. When removed the gpu the fan spin very fast and the power button don't ligth ON (no sound).

Any advice on what to do next?

Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

put just one ram stick, unplug DVD/HDD and any external USB device (apart keyboard) and try to boot (with the GPU plugged)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • carlos8

Tinkerer

Still wont boot or beep. What do you think?

Carlos

• IronFly

last try:

unplug AC power cable, keep only ram, GPU and keyboard plugged, take off the CMOS battery (it' the silver round battery near the ram slots).

press power button twice and wait 5 minutes.

put battery back, connect AC power cable and try to boot.

if it still no boot...i don't have other ideas. Smiley Sad

• carlos8

Tinkerer

Well, the machine is working now. After the last step she beep, slowly start to arm the parts untill the sticks, only two are working.

What can be the reason for two not to work? The stick itself or the slot on the MB.

Thanks

Carlos

• IronFly

it's hard to know honestly but you can try to swap each ram stick (one at time) and check if it boots.

if it's able to boot, probably the issue is the ram slots, if it's not able to boot with other 2 ram sticks, so it can be the 2 ram sticks.