can a aspire am3400-u2502 be upgraded to windows10

Options
talban
talban Member Posts: 1 New User

My Dad has a acer aspire am3400-u2502 computer running windows7 home.He is in Flordia and I'm in Ohio . He is also 90 years old and knot very good with computers. Can this computer be upgraded and what would be the easy way for me to help him do it. Thanks Tom

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

I am not sure how to go about your answer! 

I do know that there are some people that have been looking for Win10 drivers for the AMD 880 Chipset systems. That computer that you have stated is supported with the 880 Chipset! 

Sadly being that far away from your families computer could be a rather large issue with the Update to 10. If something goes wrong your not there to help get things back the way it was...

If you did choose to do the update. I would make the system recovery backup for that system. That way if there is an issue you could do a Factory restore... With the price of computers today. One that can run Windows 10 can be had for under a few hundrad dollars... IMHO I would maybe get a Nice used system and install Windows 10 and do the updates to the point tha it is running well. and Ship it off to your dad... In fact. Maybe if your system is running Win 10 I would say if it is little older within the last few years. Maybe save your data an ship him off yours. Get your self a new one... 

If it wasn't for the sake of what to do with a Working system in the event that something goes wrong. To many miles between you 2 to try!!!!! It isn't like you can drive a few miles away to fix it for him. 

I am only saying what I would do for my dad if he was still around. Your dad is 30 years older then mine when he passed away.. nice gift to give a computer running 10.. 

James