built in video card

Options
madjock72
madjock72 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi all i have the aspire tc-105 with an AMD10 6700 which should have the built in AMD Radeon HD 8570D. What i cant do is access it. There is no "Bios" even going through the steps shown on this website all it does is show a black screen and the case fan increases in speed and noise ( omg the noise is so loud.)

Im at a loss at the moment a i dont want to spend a lot of cash in fact non at all but anything is a step up from the nvidia gt620 that came with the machine, i still dont understand why they put in a GT620 compared to the built in GFX.

But any help would be greatfully recieved.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

What are the video outputs on the back of your case?  HDMI? VGA? DVI? Did you switch outputs to correspond with built-in graphics?

How did you disable graphics card?  BIOS?  Device manager?  Unplugged it?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • madjock72
    Options

VGA  connection for the onboard, uninstalled all the nvidia drivers uploaded the AMD drivers and the monitor is just blank, until i replace the vga cable back into the GT620 there is nothing on the screen, i cant get into the bios to change any settings. Tried device manager also with disabiling the card that way also still nothing, also took out the card never seen a machine that i couldnt access the bios from, also there is no acer logo at the start of the boot up also.

• madjock72
    Options

hi thanks for the reply but that had nothing in common with what is happening on my PC. I cant get into the bios to change any settings which would help me with changing to my onboard GFX. Ive updated the BIOS today and still cant get into the BIOS, this is the worst setup ive had the pleasure to own in over 20 years.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

So with monitor connected to the GT620 you are not able to enter and see BIOS?

pressing DEL button at boot, doesn't let you enter BIOS?

• JordanB
    Options

There were quite a few troubleshooting ideas in that link.  Such as pulling battery.

If you have UEFI Windows 8, you can try accessing the BIOS via shift-restart.  But you never said what OS you have.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/open-advanced-startup-options-windows-8.htm

Other than that,  good luck.

• madjock72
    Options
    Windows 8.1 leads all attached, followed the advice on the Acer troubleshooting about disabling fast boot and getting into UEFI through the windows key+c to access it that way still nothing as the screen just goes blank but what I did hear yesterday was two beeps from the computer when it did this.
  • JordanB
    Options

Let me give you one last simple thing to do.  Unplug the power cable for your monitor for a couple minutes.

If that doesn't fix it, then it sounds like there's something serious and broken.

• madjock72
    Options

Bought a new monitor last month, this happene on the old one as well. Its a problem with the OS and motherboard is my guess