aspire v5-122p-0647 boot failure

SWtéphane
SWtéphane Member Posts: 3 New User

Apire V5-122P - 0647 with windows 10,will i was working, a pop-up about windows updated. Later the screen went black and the PC didn't restart (1 hour wait). Went restart (battery power pin used) welcome screen Acer and the rotating circle freeze about 5 second later. Did it exist downloable USB factory setting disk ?

Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you just need to refresh/reset, try to press Alt+F10 at boot and choose the option you need.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SWtéphane

ALT-F10 work, but all the option sais thet the drive is lock. reset the PC to factory default setting said: A required drive partition is missing.

The emergency back on an USB external drive work until a pop-pu ask for inserting a disk, form there, everything a try fail.

Finally, i when to the Bios and decide to load (frien advise on the phone) the default setup and reboot.

Got analyse and repair C: drive running for a will, then reboot, a blue screen with something flash about less that a second, then the Acer welcome scree appear and the circle froze again.

All the F-10 menu work including DOS prompt.

That all form now.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think you must download a plain microsoft windows 10 media install and try to repair it:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SWtéphane

Situation partially solve. My friend bring the laptop to his workplace and the IT folk use some software to reinstall the default factory setting and a Windows 10 star-up version. Lost most of my dedicated software... But much of the data where left untouch. (thank to my automatic USB drive back-up) ... Next step, to try restoring from it...

According to some log left behind, Microsoft push some update about Ratheyon device... when a memorie protection failure append ... 

Thank for the help.