aspire v3 772G charms bar

Options
chrisvaldez
chrisvaldez Member Posts: 1 New User

hello I have an aspire v3 772g running windows 8.1 and the darn charms bar is driving me bananas, the synaptics driver that came with the laptop does not have the edge swipe disable option(v16.0.8.1) I've uninstalled the driver and installed v17.06.17 and also installed v19.0.9.7  and no edge swipe option, if i disable or synaptics and use the  default driver I loose two finger scrolling, pinch to zoom and all the other cool happy stuff, could somebody please point me to a driver that has the edge disable option or tell me how to get rid of the charms bar thank you

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi chrisvaldez

A couple of things to try:

1. On your Desktop, right-click the Taskbar, and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Navigation Properties window, select the Navigation tab and then uncheck the box labeled "When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms". You can also uncheck any of the other options too.

2. Download & install Classic Shell. This gives you a highly customisable start menu, in which part of the configurations allow you to disable the Charms. You may want to disable the Classic Explorer & IE options.

CS.PNG

Hope this helps!