aspire e5 511 touchpad problem

Options
sarojchy1993
sarojchy1993 Member Posts: 2 New User

recently i upgrated my aspire e5 511 from window8.1 to window10..after that my touchpad not working properly even i installed drivers from acer store but it cant help in performance of my touchpad.Give me an effective suggestion 

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Hello, Your system is on the Acer Windows 10 List of supported system. So right off we are on to a good start! 

When you did the update to 10 did you do a Force update or over windows update? I guess I am wondering if your system has the 10 64bit that it should be running?

Then there is 2 different types of of scroll pads for your system. One is Elantech and the other is Synaptics, I am going to assume that your is the later.....

Seeing your scroll/Mouse isn't working well, Press the Windows logo + X, using your up arrow go to Device Manager, Press the Tab once, Using your down arrow key go to Mouse and other Pointing devices, Press the right arrow and it should say if it is working properly. One of mine says (Synaptics SMBus TouchPad)

However there is another you should look for that is the SMBus Controller, If it is set it a ? or ! delete that driver and restart your system, If it is again there with the ? ! then install the driver from Acers website for your touchpad http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5394;-;Aspire%20E5-511 

restart your system and check your device manager again... If your system is loaded right and it isn't working to the best there are a few things you can still do.. 

Press the windows logo key + I and then go to Devices by pressing right arrow key then press enter, Down arrow a few times to mouse and touch pad, you cam make some changes in there so it picks a delay. I do have mine set at Medium but I have set a couple of otheres different to make them work better. There is also  Related if you scroll down if needed click that. On one of my systems I had to unckeck the disable internal pointing device.. 

A few tweaks in those areas could get you up and running better. 

Hope this helps some

James