asphire one D255 HDD not detected

Options
Casshern
Casshern Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hello everyone. I have an Asphire One D255 brought online with no HDD. So I brought a HDD of 500GB,4k sector AF. After entering to the BIOS to change the booting sequence, I notice that the HDD is not been detected. NONE is being the status of the HDD. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,267 Trailblazer
    Options

First check BIOS version, there are eight different revisions on the Acer support site, make sure you have the latest.

I haven't heard of issues with 4k block sizes, though someone else might jump in. It's possible you have discovered why the netbook was for sale without a HD, the interface might be bad. Smiley Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can you post the exact HDD model you bought?

@Billsey: his BIOS is the latest.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Casshern

Tinkerer

Options

Hello Sir @IronFly, sorry for the very late response and also to @Bellsey, I'm out of town lately.

My hard disk drive details:

Toshiba

Disk Drive MQ01ABF050

500GB( LBA 976,773,168 Sectors )

8455 MB( CYL 16383, H16, S63 )

AF( Advance Format )

Hope you can help me.

• IronFly
    Options

i would try to find one of the official HDD for the D255 and check if it's recognised by BIOS, if is not recognised, i suspect some hardware failure on SATA connection.

d255HDD.jpg

• Casshern

Tinkerer

Options
    I think my HDD is not on the list. So I conclude that my HDD is not compatible. Am I right sir IronFly? or the capacity is too much?
  • IronFly
    Options

missing HDD from the list doesn't mean is not compatible, this is just the official replacement list and it was written when your device was available on the market.

in my opinion, you can try a quick google looking for HDD upgrade - replacement D255 and check if any other user successfully replaced the HDD and choose the same model if still available.