XC605 EB31 with win10 no oot after SSD

Options
gaosan
gaosan Member Posts: 4 New User

XC605 installed with win8, then upgrade to win10. Then try ti add SSD.

- Tried to migrate to SSD connecting SSD using DVD cable and power, After that, the system keep booting from HD.

- Remvoed HD, the SSD is able to boot.

- Did something on "SSD optimization", turn off hiberation. The last command is "bcdedit" to see the reported value.

- Shutdown, then power on, no boot. There is a beep when power up, fan running, screen is blank,  keyboard no lit and no response. no POST.

How to debug this ? Please help.

Many thanks.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Simply that BIOS is working, then check if your BIOS is working under UEFI (launchCSM set to never).

Then plug the SSD and try to enter BIOS again and check if it's listed and please report the devices listed on Boot menu
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

if your HDD has a windows 10 installation too, you can't boot with the sam OS on 2 different drivers, since you will have an EFI partition conflict.

so, it's better to clone your HDD to SSD, disconnect the HDD and check if the SSD boots, if so, wipe your HDD and replug it.

about not booting issue, disconnect every drive and try to boot to BIOS, are you able to see BIOS screen?

• gaosan
    Options

After SSD does not boot, tried with HDD alone. No luck. HDD is spin, fan is running. The screen is blank.

Will try without any drive later. What are should I look at if I can get BIOS back ?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Simply that BIOS is working, then check if your BIOS is working under UEFI (launchCSM set to never).

Then plug the SSD and try to enter BIOS again and check if it's listed and please report the devices listed on Boot menu
  • gaosan
    Options

IronFly,

Just wonder is there any way to reset BIOS ? Just in case of no POST even removed all drivers. Many thanks

• IronFly
    Options

unplug the power cable, open the PC case, look for a silver reound battery near the ram sticks, take it off then press power button twice and wait 5 minutes, then put everything back and try to boot.

• gaosan
    Options

My PC is back to live again.

I disconnect all drives. Power On, then go to BIOS to change LaunchCSM to Never (I changed to "always" somehow wheb debug booting issue). Save. Power Off.

Connect my SSD again. Power on, it is booting... wow!

Thank IronFly, you are the man, you save me from a long debug in the weekend.

I love this forum.

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome gaosan.