XC-603G Graphics/display Driver Problems and out of RAM

Options
Amanda0517
Amanda0517 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all

I have been having issues with my RAM and graphics/display drivers. 

I run Photoshop CC on my computer pretty much all the time as well as Google Chrome. About a month ago I began to get an error message when booting PS up. It told me that Photoshop had encountered an error with the display driver and has temporarily disabled enhancement features which use the graphic hardware.

In my device manager, it shows that I just have one driver for that, an Intel. But from the Acer website for my computer, it shows AMD as a graphics driver that I can update. Did I have AMD and it is not working properly now? I need to fix this issue so that I can properly use photoshop. This is my business. What and how do I update/fix this? The intel driver is working fine and is up to date. 

Also, I have plenty of hard drive space. About 700GB left. But I think I am out of RAM. In my task manager, while running both programs, my memory is constantly between 80-90%. Everything is working at snail pace. Even when I close our Chrome, it's still so slow in Photoshop. I inquired about buying new ram and was told that would be pointless because this computer uses two 4GB sticks and I cannot expand anymore. Is this true? Can I not just replace mine with new ones? Would that help? This computer worked fine for 2 years running both programs before these issues began. 

TIA 

**EDITED TO ADD*

Ok, I think I may have fixed the graphics issue by uninstalling my Intel graphics driver and reinstalling it. For the first time in forever after I restarted my PC, I booted up PS and the graphics driver is working properly. No error message. 

But I still need help with my RAM! 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

yes, it's correct, you already have the maximum supported ram:

Support DDR3L- 1.35V 1333 (2GB or 4GB) dual channel up to 8GB total memory

i have 8GB too and i don't have any issue on photoshop even stitching 38 pictures to a single panorama of about 112MB and 34661x11319 pixels, obvious it's not a matter of seconds but minutes doing it.

by the way, you need a fast SSD to help photoshop to use cache and virtual ram, a single HDD will be too slow on writing/reading files; of course more ram = more speed

80-90% of used ram is a normal behavior but...i will close Chrome when using PS.

I'm not an Acer employee.