XC-603 Windows 10 unable to connect to networks

Options
DJ_Battousai
DJ_Battousai Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire XC-603, and we upgraded it to Windows 10.

It was working wonderfully, and now, within the last week or two, I don't know if it was caused by an update, or what has done it, but it will no longer recognise that it has internet.

Some other forums have suggested antivirus software may have been the problem. Especially ones that have an option to "disable internet connection sharing" I had AVG software on there... now removed that software, still no luck. Other forums suggested the network adaptors may need updating. I uninstalled the drivers. Rebooted. it recognised the device. Still no connection. Tried the current driver from the Acer official site for Windows 10. Still no luck.

Windows is now identifying that there's an issue with the driver when I tell it to diagnose the issue... But it won't fix it. Nor can it, because it cannot access the internet.

Please, can someone assist?

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Hello, I am sorry to hear your having some issues with your XC-603.

I have a 603 and 603G running Win10. I did have to restore the system once because the Network wasn't working and nothing that I did worked.. I am not sure if it is related but before you do a restore.

You can do this by clicking on Notifications, Then All Settings, Then Update and Security, Then Restore. The top one is to reset the PC. Once you click that you can choose Keep my Files or Remove everything.... It can take some good time for a Remove everything but is the option I would use.... However if your not setup with an extra computer where you store all your files or a NAS you may want to keep your files.... 

Once it is done you should be running as it was first installed.... However if your system is infected for some reason then you may need to do a full Restore.... 

If your system isn't next to your Router and your working over a Wired network, There could be issues as easy as a bad Cat 5 Cable or RJ45. IF you have a different computer I would try and test your cable before you did a Reset! 

I know that you said now it is saying that there is a Diver issue. and a Reset can help that... However if that error wasn't there before you tried to reset the Driver it could be that there was no issue with the driver and could be Cable related.... IF you did a Reset of your system and it still didn't work. Then I would say Cable issue. If your cabiling isn't in the same room  as your Router it could be as easy as replacing a Cable to as complex as having to pull new Cat 5e to the Router.... Only mention this becasue my friend just had the same issue and after talking him through a Reset I had to go over and pull some new Cabling to his Router that a critter thought would be a good lunch... 

Hope there was something useful here

James

• bigjohn_43701
    bigjohn_43701 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Before doing anything drastic, check to see if Windows recognises the network addapter.  If it does not find and download the driver, install it and reboot the system. Has worked on several Windows 8.1 and 10 computers of different brands. For some reason Windows deleates the driver for no know reason or warning.