XC-603 Expansion

Options
ant_thomas
ant_thomas Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,

I'm looking at buying an Acer XC-603 system with the Intel J1900 CPU.

What I want to know is what PCI-E expansion slots are available?

Is there a x16 or x1 slot?

Thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

This system has 1 half-size mini-PCIE/USB Slot for expansion use with wireless lan or bluetooth cards. I hope this information is helpful.

• 77jure
    77jure Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Hello!

Please explain to me how can you install PCIe card(see attached picture)?

IMG_20141029_171856.jpgI have already went to a computer service and they were unable to install it!

Please let me know how to install my sound card.

Thank you.

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

I apologize for the problems you are having, and if my previous response to this question was not clear. The PCIe slot on this system is only designed for wireless lan or bluetooth cards.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34230

• 77jure
    Options

Thank you for your quick responce.

Please let me know if I exchange this sound card for extrnal USB one will it play DTS sound thru cards SPDIF?

• 77jure
    Options

Thank you for your quick responce.

Please let me know if I exchange this sound card for extrnal USB one will it play DTS sound thru cards SPDIF?

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

The ability to output DTS through SPDIF would be determined by the audio card. As long as the sound card supports it, it should work on this system.

• solson9869
    solson9869 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ok, I have a curious question there are expansion slot connectors that fit the mini PCI express which is on the broads of the XC-603 computers would they work for adding in a new graphics cards?

http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Slot-Extension/PCI-Express-to-PCI-Riser-Card-x1-for-Intel-1U-IPC-Server~PEX1PCI1R

Asking because I'm running into issue with the built-in graphic card and would like to be able to replace it without having to buy a new computer. Would this work for that purpose?

Thanks

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

The mini PCI express slot on this system is designed for use with a wireless LAN or Bluetooth adapter. These are the only types of cards we provide support for on this system.