Wrong Graphics Card Installed by Acer?

Options
BrennanLaw
BrennanLaw Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives

I bought my Acer Aspire T3-600 about 2 years ago but recently noticed that the graphics card seems to be incorrect. On the sticker on the side of the computer it reads "AMD Radeon HD 8350", but the graphics card detected in my computer is named " AMD Radeon HD 7300 Series." Can someone please tell me why this is?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,089 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • BrennanLaw
    Options

DTSNFAA003

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Normally your desktop is equipped with AMD HD8350 - 1Gb but there are two AMD graphic boards for Aspire T3-600 series:

VG.ECU83.501VGA BD.HD8350.1GB.ATX.UEFI.W/DVI.HDMI/VGA
    VG.PCU73.501VGA BD.HD7350.1GB.UEFI.ATX.W/V/H/D

In the first column, you can see the part number. The best solution is to check the label sticked on the graphic board. The first ten number is the part number.

Example: VGECU83501 --> VG.ECU83.501

You can also reintall the driver. May solve your issue.

France
  • BrennanLaw
    Options

i checked the part number on the graphics board and it is VGECU83501 like the one you listed. After, I also tried updating the drivers using auto detect then manually. After no difference, I then tried completely uninstalling the drivers then manually installing the Radeon HD 8000 drivers. After all this, the graphics card detected is still AMD Radeon HD 7300 Series...

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

It's very odd. Basically I think a labeling error. May be a bios issue too but I'm not sure.

I have requested some informations from an Acer technicien.

France
  • chriskv
    chriskv Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    There are several flavors of  Acer Aspire T3-600.  Mine did not even come with a graphics card, only HD Graphics on-board with a vga and hdmi ports (no DVI unless you use an hdmi to dvi adapter).