Windows 10 Upgrade Aspire 7729G - Mouse not working

Options
toddbs
toddbs Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there,

I've seen this has happened for quite a few people but wanted to post myself to further add fire to ACER/Microsoft.

After spending hours doing the upgrade I discovered (like others) that my mouse did not respond. I went into the options and enabled ELAN and it moved, but could not click anything.

This is possibly the most annoying/biggest waste of time possible. Especially considering I received an email from Acer last night advising me that windows 10 was ready for me and my device. Clearly they are NOT.

ACER can you please fix this now. Especially considering you are encouraging your customers to upgrade. It's one thing to find a bug, it's a whole other thing to encourage them provide absolutely no resolution.

After being an ACER customer (laptops) for many, many years, it does make me think about other, more organised brands that respond.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may open device manager > expand mice and pointing device > right click on the touchpad name and select properties > select driver tab > roll back driver and touchpad should work fine.
  • toddbs
    toddbs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've read from other users who have done that as a fix that as soon as they do an update it also updates the driver and they are back to square one again - and considering windows runs updates by itself it sounds like it will be continual problems.

I'm assuming a proper fix will be coming ?

• highmecca01
    highmecca01 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am going crazy with the exact same problem and cannot find a fix. If anyone finds one please let me know. Im really happy I have a touch screen comp.or this would be impossible.