Windows 10 Creators 1703: Will drivers ever be made available for M3985 Desktop (tower) PC's?

SSME_Bob
SSME_Bob Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Windows 10 Creators 1703: Will drivers ever be made available for M3985 Desktop (tower) PC's?

Currently M3985 desktops (towers) are no included in Acer's website lists of machines that have such drivers available for Creators 1703.  Acer does not indicate when, if ever, machines not listed will have 1703 drivers.

Microsoft keeps downloading and trying to install 1703 on my M3985, even though I've 'successfully' run their Hide/Unhide program to prevent installation.  This is quite frustrating as it takes hours to go throught the download/install process before bombing due to lack of required Acer driver(s).  I'm concerned that if Acer does not provide drivers, I will continue to have to deal with failed download/installs, and my otherwise fine Acer will rapidly become antiquated and require replacement. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can rely on windows drivers update to keep your drivers updated, even if Acer will never release them.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SSME_Bob
    SSME_Bob Member Posts: 2 New User

I found the Microsoft webpage that lists the drivers it has available for Windows 10 1703.  My Acer PC model is NOT included on these Microsoft lists.  The preamble to these Microsoft listings states that if the desired driver is not listed the PC manufacturer should provide it.  Unfortunately, as originally stated, Acer's webpage of drivers for 1703 also does not have my PC model listed.  AND,to add to my dismay, they do not state if they ever will!  I feel totally abandoned by Acer.