Win 10 update radeon x1200

wings5151
wings5151 Member Posts: 2 New User

Trying to update to Win 10 and get an error message that the ATI Radeon x1200 is not supported by Win10.  Some suggestions on the ATI site is to load the vista driver.  That did not work for me.  This was a Vista machine that I have upgraded with a valid MS license to win 7.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

If I need to, I'll just leave this as a Win7 machine since I have two other Win 10 machines.  Just trying to do this before the free upgrade period ends in June.

Regards,

wings5151

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

I think leaving it with Windows 7 is the best bet. AMD isn't going to create a new driver and there's a risk you could 

end up with no display. Computers with supported graphics are having problems with drivers because Win 10 will 

will install a driver that doesn't work and won't let it be changed.

Clone the Windows !0 system to another HDD you can put away for later. When you're ready for it, it will boot up and be activated.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

I think leaving it with Windows 7 is the best bet. AMD isn't going to create a new driver and there's a risk you could 

end up with no display. Computers with supported graphics are having problems with drivers because Win 10 will 

will install a driver that doesn't work and won't let it be changed.

Clone the Windows !0 system to another HDD you can put away for later. When you're ready for it, it will boot up and be activated.

• wings5151
    wings5151 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'll leave it as 7 and wait till it dies.  This is one of 5 PC's I have.

Thanks for your opinion.

Regards,

Dan Kahn